Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 11 December 2012

Info Post

"A member of the Pole family at her desk C. 1806 at 14 St. James Square, Bristol"
From the collection of Bristol Museums and Art Gallery



When I was doing my garden history degree in Bristol I went more than once to its museum to see this watercolour of a daughter of the Pole family at her desk c. 1806.  I had a similar long window in my university accomodations, though not so commodious a view, and a laptop rather than a quill pen but still, it kept me writing. 

And now this little notice has appeared in Publisher's Marketplace:

From Garden History Girl blogger Paige Johnson, THE LITERATE GARDEN: from the secret gardens of medieval monasteries to Gatsby's infamous "blue gardens" to the atom-blasted seeds of the 1950s, a cultural history of the garden -- as viewed through the lenses of science, politics, art, architecture, literature, and more -- that explores what our evolving relationship with the cultivated outdoors reveals about us as people, to Denise Scarfi at Norton, by Danielle Svetcov at Levine Greenberg Literary (World).


18 months to write, with a hopeful appearance in 2015!  I'm thrilled, and looking forward to sharing so many garden stories with you, both here (I'll still be blogging) and in the book. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment