Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 2 May 2010

Info Post

I mentioned in the last post that my investigations of the Art Deco garden were funded by a travel grant from Robert Adam Architects (now ADAM Architecture).  In 2010, for the first time, the travel scholarship is open to international applications.  It provides £1500 for research and travel into a significant issue related to architecture (includes landscape architecture!) and urban design.

I can't say enough about how significant it was to my research to have the funding to visit several European countries, as well as British archives in search of "Gatsby's Garden", as I entitled my investigations...if I ever do get to publish that book on the Art Deco landscape (no publisher has picked it up as yet! call me!), it will be in large part due to their early investment in my work, and you'll not meet a nicer group of architects. 

Full details at the ADAM Architecture site...the deadline is May 14th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment