Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 4 October 2008

Info Post





From the New York Times:


"In spring 2002, the sculptor Stefanie Nagorka was walking the aisles of Home Depot in Clifton, looking for cinder blocks and pavers to use in her next sculpture. Ms. Nagorka, who lives in Montclair, was losing her Manhattan studio (and lots of storage), so to determine exactly how many blocks she needed, she built the sculpture in the store's aisle and photographed it. "I looked at the photos when I got home, and had an "ah-ha" moment," she said. "I could build the thing and not own the blocks. That I had recorded this with my camera was enough." Ms. Nagorka has built many sculptures since then in the aisles of home improvement stores in 27 states as part of her "Aisle Studio" project..."


A sculpture like this will be my winter gardening project...

0 comments:

Post a Comment